Thursday, February 25, 2010

Moving edge completed

I finish the moving edge functionnality so now moving platform have linked moving edge on which the character can reside. This is done by linking a map object with an edge thus when the waypoint are moving the map object, the edge follows with it.

I tested it out in the game engin and it works... Hurray!!
Only thing to twitch now is that the player should move with the platform also, right now the player just sits on the moving platform and the player fall off when the platform isn't underneath him any more.

I also added a UI layout saving functionnality in the level editor so screensize, size on split container are kept upon opening of the level editor and closing of it.

I realize that my Map scripting editor must be updated to support map script command in the intellisense so designer will be able to find out rapidly what methods are available on level object. I will do this tomorrow.

Next big big step, the triggers so all character can affect each other and spawn to nice particles.

Well that it for today, I'll go celebrate my birthday instead of coding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment